Connecticut DUI Laws
If you're facing DUI charges in Connecticut, a DUI attorney can answer your questions.
A Connecticut DUI charge shouldn't be taken lightly. There is a mandatory jail sentence for a DUI conviction in Connecticut, even if this is your first offense.
To fight their DWI and protect their license, many people seek the help of a lawyer who handles DWI cases. A DUI lawyer can answer any questions you have about your case, your options and how your actions can impact your future.
Talking to a Connecticut DUI attorney who knows the state laws and how they apply to your case will help you make informed decisions. To speak with an attorney near you today, simply fill out the form on this page.
The penalties for DUI in Connecticut, even if this is your first DUI charge, are serious. The penalty for refusing a breath test in Connecticut is a minimum six month driver's license suspension.
Connecticut DUI Penalties
First DUI conviction
- Minimum 48 hour jail sentence or 100 hours community service, maximum sentence of six months
- $500-1,000 in fines
- Suspended license for one year
Second DUI conviction (within 10 years)
- Minimum 120 days in jail sentence, maximum sentence of two years
- $1,000-4,000 in fines
- Suspended license for three years
Third and subsequent DUI convictions (within 10 years)
- Minimum one year in jail, maximum sentence of three years
- $2,000-8,000 in fines
- Permanent revocation of driver's license
Breath Test Refusal Penalties
- First refusal: Six-month driver's license suspension
- Second refusal within 10 years, or refusal after conviction within 10 years: One-year driver's license suspension
- Third refusal within 10 years, or refusal after a total of two refusals and/or convictions in 10 years: Three-year driver's license suspension
Connect with a Connecticut DUI Attorney and Learn Your Options
A local DUI attorney can answer any questions you might have about the laws in Connecticut or your specific DUI case. To speak with a DUI lawyer near you today, fill out the free case evaluation form on this page or call us, toll free, at 877-349-1311.
Note: Laws may have changed since our last update. For the latest information on these DUI laws, speak to a local DUI lawyer in the state.
The Connecticut DUI penalty list is by no means all-inclusive. DUI penalties may vary based on a variety of factors, including your prior driving record.